Posted: 3:56 pm Thursday, April 12th, 2018
Let us show you how to upgrade your Instant Ramen Noodles by incorporating just a few tasty ingredients!
- 1 package Instant Ramen Noodles
- Soft-boiled egg
I chose Maruchan instant noodles!
What to do:
- Begin by preparing your ramen noodles as per the package directions.
- While the instant noodles are boiling in one pot, begin making your soft-boiled egg in another pot. The perfect soft-boiled egg usually takes around 7-10 minutes.
- Now it’s time to investigate your refrigerator. Find any ingredients you think would add flavor and nutritional value to your instant noodles. I chose mushrooms, spinach, and scallions. Adding in avocados, tofu and corn would be great as well!
- Chop up any ingredients you want to add to the ramen. In my case, I chopped up one mushroom and about a Tbsp. of scallions.
- Once your soft-boiled egg has had enough time in the pot, strain the pot of the boiling water and then add cold water to the pot. Allow the soft-boiled egg to sit in this cold water bath for about 2-3 minutes.
- Once your instant noodles seem soft, you can begin assembling your beautiful bowl of ramen!
- Carefully pour the broth and noodles into a medium size bowl.
- Peel the soft-boiled egg and then cut it in half. Add both halves to the bowl or eat one immediately, like I did.
- Place your spinach leaves and mushrooms wherever you’d like into the bowl, and finally, sprinkle on the scallions.
- Feel free to add any Sriracha to spice it up!
Ah, instant ramen noodles. They’re cheap, filling, and available pretty much anywhere. They may not be the healthiest meal you could eat, but when you’re paying 10 cents a pack, you really can’t go wrong.
Probably like most people, I ate my fair share of ramen noodles in college. After a long day of studying, activities and socializing, I just needed something quick and easy to make, so I could eat and head off to bed. It was just how I survived.
To this day, I still love eating ramen. I love going to different Ramen Shops around Long Island and all varieties of noodles and broths. There really is no denying that chef-made ramen will always be superior, but still I find myself craving the packaged noodles just as much. On any day, you can catch me in the office warming up a Cup Noodles and making the whole office smell of a college dorm room. There’s just something about instant noodles that will always be extremely satisfying.
With today’s recipe, I wanted to show you how 10 cent instant noodles can transform into something that resembles high-quality restaurant ramen. Just by adding a few ingredients, you can completely change the flavor palate of your soup and create something very impressive! Give it a try!
Thanks for reading!