Posted: 2:19 pm Wednesday, June 20th, 2018
I’m always in the mood for tacos. Lunch, dinner, and oh yes, breakfast. Breakfast tacos are certainly a staple in my life. Tacos are such a magical food: they’re fun to put together, come in so many varieties, and we can always make room for one more.
Last night’s dinner was Shrimp Tacos. Not only were they super easy to make, but they were so colorful and photogenic that I think I spent 20 minutes snapping pics before I devoured them. This recipe makes four delicious shrimp tacos- share them with a friend, or maybe just keep them all to yourself!
- 1/2 lb. of shrimp
- 1 Avocado
- 1 bundle of cilantro
- Red cabbage
- 2 limes
- 2 Tbsp. of paprika
- 1 Tbsp. of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
What to do:
- Begin by peeling and de-veining your shrimp. If they are not already cooked, boil them until pink.
- Next, shred your cabbage and lettuce.
- In a small bowl, add the juice of one whole lime, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Then, toss the shrimp around in this mixture.
- In a frying pan on low heat, individually heat up four tortillas. Ideally, wait for each side to be golden brown. If you aren’t using a non-stick pan, make sure to spray a little oil on the pan before heating the tortillas.
- Once your tortillas are finished, in the same pan add more olive oil and set to medium-high heat. Add your shrimp and begin frying.
- While your shrimp are frying, begin assembling your tacos. Place your lettuce/cabbage as the base of the taco. Dice up some avocado and sprinkle that on as well.
- After about 5-10 minutes, your shrimp should be ready. Remove them from the pan and into your tacos!
- Garnish with more lime and cilantro!
So colorful and tasty!
I made these delicious tacos last night for my mom and I and they were a hit. I wish I had created a sauce for these bad-boys, however. I think a chipotle mayo would really tie it all together. Oh well, there’s always next time-and there will definitely be a next time!
Thanks for reading!